Re: gcc-3 problem when compiling

Thomas Steinbach wrote:

> Is the setting to 050 a result of the introduction of gcc v4.x?

  No.  It is a sign that something else has gone wrong with your installation.

> btw: all other bins (ar.exe, etc) in this bin directory are set to 550

  That's also wrong.  It should be 750.

> btw2: all bins ind C:\cygwin\bin are set to 050 ??? but I don't
> know if that was the state before the introduction of gcc 4.x

  Sounds to me like your real problem is that all your permissions have been
trashed somehow, or whatever caused that.  I can imagine that last time you
ran setup.exe to get updates, it would have gone horribly wrong if you don't
have any write permissions to replace the updated files.

> Is there an essential change of the right management since the
> introduction of gcc v4.x?

  No, absolutely not.  The compiler has no control over permissions anyway,
that's all handled in the Cygwin DLL.

  Please run "cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out", and then send the
cygcheck.out file with your next post - as an attachment, please don't copy
and paste it into the body of the email.  That might give us enough more info
to figure out what's going on.

    cheers,
      DaveK