Username hassles

Hi, I've got cygwin running on a work machine with a weird username allocated by
IS dept. Somehow I managed to make the user name on cygwin to be 'paul' but all
the files loaded by cygwin setup are owned by 'MEAD8998'.

Is there any way (short of complete reinstallation) of changing cygwin so that
it uses 'paul' as the user for these files?

Thanks
Paul