Re: Bash initialization w/cygwin-1.7 on NT4

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:20:41AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
Jerry DeLisle wrote:
I am making the switch to 1.7.  I started with a clean windows (nt4)
environment and went through the usual run of setup-1.7 downloaded today.

All appears fine, but bash does not get initialized.

pwd is /usr/bin

path is not set

home directory is not created

These are all taken care of nicely for the user with cygwin 1.5

I think this is a bug unless I am missing something in the install process.
This is symptomatic of a problem preventing the postinstall scripts
from having run correctly, isn't it?  Have a look in your
/var/log/setup.log* files, and see what happened to
base-files-profile.sh.

I can actually duplicate this problem on my NT4 virtual machine. Unfortunately, I won't have a lot of time to track this down next week but I'll get to it if no one else beats me to it.

I am running NT4 in VirtualBox. In setup.log there are a series of invocations of bash like this:

Running: D:\cygwin\bin\bash --norc --noprofile /etc/postinstall/somescript.sh
abnormal exit: exit code = 35584

This is on all the post install scripts. I did a very clean install using the previous version of bash and libreadline6 added to the installation. Looking at setup.log.full I see the exception STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW in all cases.

Regards,

Jerry