Re: popup consoles on Windows 7

I forgot to answer two questions here.

On Sun, Jul 05, 2009 at 10:33:47AM +0100, Andy Koppe wrote:
>Now what's the right way to check for this workaround being present in
>the Cygwin DLL, so that MinTTY can skip its workaround depending on
>that? Should I parse version string from /proc/version? (I intend to
>throw out MinTTY's workaround altogether when going 1.7-only, but for
>the moment it needs to stay.)

I'd add a compile time flag which allows different behavior depending on
whether you're building for 1.7 or 1.5 (assuming that you don't have one
already).  Then when there's a new version of 1.7 you can make a new
version of mintty.  Problem solved there since there is no need to
support old versions of 1.7.

>>I keep saying that I want to fix this and I recently found some public
>>domain code which purports to allow using consoles as "pipes".  I hope
>>I'll have time to look into adding this to Cygwin after 1.7 is
>>released.
>
>Oh, interesting, could you post a link to it?

I didn't save a link but I have pointed at console2 on sourceforge (the
project link seems to be down now) as something which does something
similar.

cgf