boost-1.39 compilation with gcc-4

Hi there dear boost maintainer,

Thanks for the reply.

There is something confusing, you are not enabling auto-import in the
current boost 1.33 package, are you? Let me try that, too, for the
sake of completeness, if the errors persist (which is likely) I will
send a detailed log and submit a bug against g++-4.

>From your previous reply to another poster, it was not clear that the
boost library had to be built that way, since the dynamic linking
errors happened when you are linking against the library, not when
building the library.

However, the interesting bit is that this error does not happen
because of dynamic libraries, it happens when building *only* the
static libraries, that's why I urged you to try to reproduce the
error, because logically, a feature about dynamic libraries shouldn't
interfere with static libraries which are simply library archives.
(And why I posted to the mailing list at all, since it doesn't make
any sense that linking to a static library could fail.)

So I suspect this will still have no use. Let me try nonetheless.

Again, if you have a working build procedure for boost 1.39 using
gcc-4 that passes program_options and regex test suites, could you
please post it?

I prefer not to subscribe to any high-volume lists, so if you have an
answer please CC to me.

Best,

--
Eray Ozkural, PhD candidate.  Comp. Sci. Dept., Bilkent University, Ankara
Researcher, Erendiz Superbilgisayar Ltd.