Re: Stuck trying to reinstall Emacs 23.0.92 and setup dying each time

KARR, DAVID wrote:

I had set up Cygwin yesterday with the experimental Emacs 23.0.92.  I
had done other updates after that, forgetting the fact that since I'm
using an experimental package, I have to set the Emacs-related pages to
"Keep".  I'm now in a state where I have the 23.0.92 executable, but
with /usr/share/emacs/21.2.  So, now I'm trying to run setup again to
reinstall 23.0.92, or uninstall it, or anything.  No matter what I do,
setup dies hard, requiring a forced kill from task manager.

What can I do to clean up from this situation?
Have you inspected the 'setup.log' and 'setup.log.full' files in /var/log/?
They might provide some clues about where setup is having problems. If those
files do not make it clear what you need to do, then the experts on 'setup'
might be able to help with the information those files provide.

Also, which version of emacs does cygwin think is installed?

$ cygcheck -c emacs emacs-el