Re: undefined reference

----- Original Message ----- From: "Winderson Martins de Souza" <bugman.os@ig.com.br>
To: <cygwin@cygwin.com>; <cygwin-sc@cygwin.com>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 11:32 PM
Subject: Fwd: undefined reference

Hello, I'm trying to compile gettext on cygwin, but I'm
getting an undefined reference error, could anyone help?? I'm running
configure without shared library, as with it I was getting another
undefined error

[snip]

msgcat-c++msgcat.o:c++msgcat.cc:(.text+0x701): undefined reference to
`__imp__color_test_mode'

The '__imp' prefix signifies a shared library - so, if (as I suspect) this symbol is supposed to be resolved by the gettext library, then the message that you've got a *static* library hasn't "got through".

It may, in fact, be simpler to build a shared library. What 'undefined reference' did you strike when you tried that ?

Cheers,
Rob