--prefix tag is ignored when installing a rpm

Hello, I'm trying to use the --prefix command to relocate an RPM on install.
When building the spec file then running the command:

rpm -Uvh --prefix /opt/drew rpm-name.rpm

In a Unix environment it works fine and installs to /opt/drew.  However when
running the same command in Cygwin it ignores --prefix entirely and just
installs to the default directory.

I do have to include the --nodeps tag in Cygwin because without it I run
into the error "Failed Dependencies: /bin/sh is needed by <rpm-name>"

I'm pretty sure I installed all the RPM packages when I installed Cygwin,
but I don't know how to check if that is so.

I've also tried the --relocate tag but that is also ignored.

If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Drew