Re: Cygwin 1.7: Possible error in /etc/postinstall/base-files-profile.sh

Dave Korn wrote:

> > Is this problem with the Logitech Process Monitor service
> described in the Cygwin documentation?

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda

Thanks again for the additional information.  I will be working
my way through the entire FAQ at that link.

http://cygwin.com/acronyms#BLODA

From that link:

FYI For Your Information. Also "Fix Yourself It" (for all the Star Wars fans out there)

Perhaps, DIY (Do It Yourself) could be added. My guess is that it is more commonly used and understood than "fix yourself it."

I am not yet using cygwin 1.7.  I am trying to install it (and
un-install it) as I think a naive user might.  I read the following
two links that were provided with the announcement for
cygwin-1.7.0-50:

We have a new User's Guide for 1.7, which is currently located at
http://cygwin.com/1.7/cygwin-ug-net/cygwin-ug-net.html

and

And we have a new FAQ, though very likely not quite complete since
we still don't know what exactly *is* a FAQ related to Cygwin 1.7.
http://cygwin.com/1.7/faq/faq.html

I see that at http://cygwin.com/1.7/faq/faq.setup.html, item 8 references the link that you provided under the heading "My computer hangs when I run Cygwin Setup!" My computer is not "hanging" -- it is just issuing error messages during install/un-install using setup-1.7.exe.