Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 08:39:05AM -0400, Ralph Hempel wrote:

Whenever the next round of changes to setup happens, and the talk gets
around to "Removing the Download to Local Directory" or "Should we
Delete the Downloaded Files", please consider saying "No" to both
proposals.  :-)

Why do you expand this to mean something that I never implied? I never said that we should remove "Download to Local Directory".

Because there's no point to having a separate download to local directory if you're going to erase the files later. The dangers of leaping to conclusions based on what I think you are thinking is becoming apparent.

But regardless, maybe a tool is all that is really needed here.

Yes, and that saves everyone from thinking about how to change setup again - which is good.

Ralph