Re: SSH SAMBA

Holikar, Sachin (ext) schrieb:
Hello,

The SAMBA server is SuSE linux and home directories are samba shared and are in use with proper permissions. What permissions are you talking about here?
If you are running SAMBA on cygwin this is not "Suse Linux". Samba relies on the ACL management of the os and the filesystem used.
Here, the filesystem is presumably NTFS and not SuSe linux. In NTFS, each node can be assigned permissions, similar to the linux way.
Samba sees these permissions and uses them. That is what Larry tried to point out. The SAMBA permissions set via the config are something still different on top of the OS /FS permissions. Or are you trying to say that you run the SSH onto a windows box which in turn has network drives mounted from a linux server?

HTH,
Jakob Curdes

The permissions of the home directories are already been set on Linux Server. There is not problem with that.
Am I missing anything to point out here? Plz let me know.