Re: Is there a script to remove old packages from local disk

Christopher Faylor wrote:

You can just rm -r all of the directories that setup creates when
installing packages.  There is no reason to keep any of them around.

I think he's talking about the old versions of the .bz2 files that live in the local download folders.

I may have a similar usage pattern in that I have a folder on my USB
key that has all the packages, and when I get to a client machine that
has no Cygwin and they let me install it, I just install from my local
copy - no Internet, no problem.

But those folders do fill up with old cruft after a while.

<duck>

Wouldn't it be nice if setup knew enough to remove the bz2 files for
packages that were no longer current?

</duck>

Ralph