Re: 1.7.0 sem_open

On Jun 12 10:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> SUSv4 states:
>
>   The name argument conforms to the construction rules for a pathname,
>   except that the interpretation of <slash> characters other than the
>   leading <slash> character in name is implementation-defined, [...]
>
>   If name begins with the <slash> character, then processes calling
>   sem_open() with the same value of name shall refer to the same semaphore
>   object, as long as that name has not been removed. If name does not
>   begin with the <slash> character, the effect is implementation-defined.
>
> In my implementation "implementation-defined" means, that the leading
> slash is necessary.
>
> Hmm.  I guess I have to lift this restriction.  However, this will very
> likly result in "/sem-name" refering the same semaphore as "sem-name".

Ok, I fixed that in CVS.  The next test release will behave same as
Linux, with the only exception that backslashes and slashes are both
treated like slashes on Linux.  Given that a semaphore is backed by
a file on the filesystem under /dev/shm, that shouldn't be much of
a surprise.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat