Re: Remote desktop connection

Robert Rackl writes:
> It seems that with regular RDP, I can only do it using one local screen; if
there is a way to use multiple
> screens please let me know how. A couple of years ago, a friend showed me how
to use Cygwin to establish a
> remote desktop connection using two local screens which worked well until a
disk crash. That friend is now
> far away and very busy - I'd rather not bother him.

"RDP" is the protocol between machines, "Remote Desktop" is the way Microsoft
describes the facility, "mstsc.exe" is the Windows program that provides it.  As
Andrew said earlier, none of this is Cygwin specific and so it's off-topic for
this mailing list.

I can't speak for all 1500+ folks on this list but I'd suggest you go ahead and
bother your friend who set this up for you before :-).  At least ask him if
Cygwin was required or did he just happen to be using it as a convenient working
environment for running some Windows (not Cygwin) program.  If Cygwin was
required then ask him which Cygwin program(s) he was running, with which
options.  Then at least your questions will be on-topic and you can consider
coming back to this mailing list for help.

..mark