RE: How to change the file mode to link?

Peng Yu wrote on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:17 PM:

> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Mark Geisert <mark@maxrnd.com> wrote:
>> Peng Yu writes:
>>> Is there such a cygwin command to extract the link from a windows
>>> link.
>>
>> Did you not see Barry's response on this thread?
>
> I missed it before I sent this message. Sorry.

One more thing that you should be aware of:
  - The filename of a Windows shortcut is of the form <name.lnk>.
  - The filename of a symbolic link    is of the form <name.lnk>.
So if you create the link in the same directory as the shortcut,
you will clobber the shortcut.

- Barry