RE: Unable to convert postscript to usable form, using either ps2pdf or gs

Confirmed.

> > I then tried just "gs tp.ps", and that fails with this:
> >
> > ------------------
> > % gs tp.ps
> > GPL Ghostscript 8.62 (2008-02-29)
> > Copyright (C) 2008 Artifex Software, Inc.  All rights reserved.
> > This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file PUBLIC for details.
> > /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n022003l.pfb... 2449904 1067520 4774456
> > 3452340
> > 3456751
> > 1 done.
> > GPL Ghostscript 8.62: **** Could not open the file  .
> > Error: /invalidfileaccess in --showpage--
> > Operand stack:
> >    1   true
>
> Is the output file in use? You cannot overwrite open file because most
> (not all) applications lock their input files. A notable exception for PDF
> viewers is SumatraPDF.

I'm pretty certain it was not, as that was obviously a temporary file that
"gs" created without my intervention.

However, when I just tried it again, it magically worked.  This doesn't
really help me, though.  I still need ps2pdf to work, so I can make use of
the postscript.