urxvt-X terminfo and Bash readline

Today I decided to try urxvt-X to see if I like it better than xterm.
After installing it, I noticed a couple of things that seemed odd, and
am wondering whether or not these are intentional behaviors.

First, it did not install its own compiled terminfo file in
/usr/share/terminfo/r. I noticed that the source for the terminfo file
was installed to /etc/terminfo, so I compiled it and copied
rxvt-unicode to /usr/share/terminfo/r (from /usr/share/terminfo/72).
This seemed to work for getting programs (such as emacs) to find the
terminfo. But it seems like this should all happen automagically upon
installing urxvt-X (for example, I never had to do this with xterm).

The other odd thing I noticed is that for some reason in Bash the
readline functionality "horizontal-scroll-mode" defaults to "on" when
running inside urxvt-X. Normally this should default to "off" (as per
the Bash man page). When running Bash in an xterm window, it is set
"off" by default as expected. I had to manually turn it off in
.inputrc when using urxvt-X.

Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers,

-- Dan