Re: Long file names not working in cygwin-1.7.0-48

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 05:11:55PM -0700, jpa wrote:
>Please forgive the crude command line and scripting skills.
>
>I've installed cygwin-1.7.0-48 is a pretty vanilla Windows XP. I've attached
>a cygscheck and a log of a session where I did the following:
>
># Create long directory path fails (255 a's/255 b's
>mkdir -p
>/tmp/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Thanks for the test case.  This should be fixed in the next snapshot which
is building now.  I'll be in bed before it finishes but if there are problems
uploading it I'll restart it tomorrow.

http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Btw, the second set of "b"'s isn't necessary.  A single b would trigger
the problem.

cgf