Re: Static linking issue under cygwin.

"Vladimir A. Petrov" wrote:

> Hello!

Hello Vladimir,

> The similar problem is also reproducible at the another PC with
> different Cygwin installation and with different set of libraries
> (opengl-1.1.0-10 and freeglut-2.4.0-1) that in this case are part of
> the Cygwin distribution and were installed via standard Cygwin setup
> program. For details see attached fly-cubes-cygcheck.out and
> fly-cubes-link-failure.out.

See my comments about fly-cubes-link-failure.out bellow

fly-cubes-link-failure.out contains:

> $ gcc -o fly-cubes.exe -lopengl32 -lglut32 -lglu32 fly-cubes.c

The correct order for searching the libraries is: -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32

fly-cubes.c must be _before_ the libraries. Chuck's response was correct about this last point,
but wrong about the librairies order.

This -lglut32 does _not_ link to freeglut btw. It links to glut32.dll from the openGL package.

Please read: /usr/share/doc/opengl-1.1.0/README.txt and /usr/share/doc/opengl-1.1.0/FAQ.txt

- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.

Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com
Many other persons will be able to help you if you do.