Re: emacs in its own window

On 5/21/2009 11:20 AM, Jason Curl wrote:
This may be a bit old now, but I found my emacs wouldn't start yesterday either. Just running it seemed to do nothing, it dropped me back into the shell without starting anything.

an "strace emacs" showed that a library couldn't be loaded, there might be a problem in the dependencies of the setup.ini file that Xaw is not listed as a dependency (cygXaw-7.dll in particular was needed).

I assume you're using emacs-X11-21.2-13. If it needs cygXaw-7.dll, then libXaw7 should be listed as a dependency. Please install that package and write again if it doesn't solve the problem. And, in that case, please attach cygcheck output as explained at

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Ken