Re: [1.7] Proposal: the filename encoding in C locale uses UTF-8 instead of SO/UTF-8

On May 15 20:34, IWAMURO Motonori wrote:
> 2009/5/15 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com>:
> > I have just trouble with SJIS, but that's not something I can easily
> > test. Maybe you can look into that in the next couple of days?
>
> Maybe I can. Please explain details of the trouble.

Probably I only fall over my own feet.  I was surprised to see the
filenames using chinese characters (from Lenik's examples) using SO/UTF
sequences.  I didn't expect that, but maybe that was correct.  The whole
problem already starts with me not being able to see non-western chars
in the console window.  The two available console fonts simple don't
provide them, so I only see squares, even if the characters are printed
correctly.

It would be cool if you could simply use SJIS for testing and see if
everything looks basically ok.

For the records:  The internationalization stuff is a heck of a lot
of effort.  Even if my replies might sound mean sometimes, I'm glad
for your input and help coding.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat