Re: [Fwd: [1.7] wcwidth failing configure tests]

> And here's another question. ÂThe utf8*.h files claim they have been
> generated from the unicode.txt file of the Unicode 3.2 standard. ÂDo we
> have the script which generated the utf8*.h files? ÂCan we regenerate
> the files to match the current Unicode 5.1 standard?

There's Markus Kuhn's wcwidth implementation, which says it's based on
Unicode 5.0:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/wcwidth.c

Trouble is, there's the thorny issue of the "CJK Ambiguous Width"
category of characters, which consists of things like Greek and
Cyrillic letters as well as line drawing symbols. Those have a width
of 1 in Western use, yet with CJK fonts they have a width of 2. That's
why Markus Kuhn's code includes the mk_wcswidth_cjk() variant.

Andy