Re: How to detect a cygwin thread?

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 12:33:07AM +0200, Piotr Wyderski wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>The closest API to it would be a call to
>>cygwin_internal(CW_GETTHREADNAME, <windows-thread-id>);
>
>Now it works like a charm.  The internal thread which suspension leads
>to program hangup is named "sig".

Yes, that's the signal thread but I don't know why stopping it would
cause any special problems since, if the entire program is stopped, it
isn't going to be processing signals.

What may be happening is that you are trying to suspend a thread which
is blocking in the "ReadFile" call since that is what the "sig" thread
is normally doing.  If that is the case, then you are going to see
problems any time a thread is doing blocking I/O.  That would seem to
indicate that you can't just generally suspend threads the way you
are planning.

cgf