Re: Trouble with ssh-agent (maybe opening socket?)

I occasionally see something similar.  I can only describe it has managing to
log in and get ssh-add started by my first shell before windows has
sucessfully started something related to the network stack.  In this case, ssh
(and maybe any other cygwin socket programs) simply wont work.  I have to
either log out or maybe even reboot.  strace shows a socket operation blocking.

As long as I wait for the login process to finish (HD goes idle after login),
it never happens.

Its annoying because I can usually log in ssh out and read my mail then be done before windows even finished logging in.

This behaviour started last fall after a windows update, if I recall correctly.