Re: 1.5.25: cygwin executeables are crashing from time to time (Windows 2003 Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack )

Stefan Walter writes:
> >> Additional: There is no Antivirus as well as Firewall running on the System.
> >
> >> Cygwin Configuration Diagnostics
> >> Current System Time: Tue Apr 14 11:02:39 2009
> >>
> >> Windows 2003 Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 2
> >>
> >> Running under WOW64 on AMD64
> >>
> >> Running in Terminal Service session
[...]
> I have changed the DEP as well as i was trying with peflags. Nothing
> seems to work.
>
> I am getting a critical situation, if there is no fix available.
>
> Does anyone have some further tips, how to solve the problem?

You can't be the only Cygwin user running on WS2K3; I do this using a WS2K3 VM
for instance.  I wonder if you're the only user on WS2K3 using Cygwin through
Terminal Service, though.  Do the errors still occur when you run from the
machine's console rather than through Terminal Service?  Something else to check
is whether moving "C:\cygwin\bin" to the front of your PATH makes any difference.

What cgf said early on still applies: the address reported in the Windows Event
Log for these faults doesn't make any sense as a cygwin1.dll address.  So
something in your environment seems confused.  Without somebody else reproducing
this we're left to shooting in the dark...

..mark