Re: GCC 4.4.0 - Can't activate threading support

Casull wrote:

> I am basically trying to take advantage
> of the C++0x implementation provided by GCC 4.4 through the <thread> header
> for example. The GCC 4.4 implementation of std::thread is guarded by the
> following preprocessing directive:
>
>    #if defined(_GLIBCXX_HAS_GTHREADS) &&
> defined(_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_STDINT_TR1)
>
> When looking at the bits/c++config.h, _GLIBCXX_USE_C99_STDINT_TR1 is defined
> but _GLIBCXX_HAS_GTHREADS isn't.

  Ah.  There is an autoconf test in libstdc++-v3 that defines that, and the
comment says:

> dnl Check if gthread implementation defines the types and functions
> dnl required by the c++0x thread library.  Conforming gthread
> dnl implementations can define __GTHREADS_CXX0X to enable use with c++0x.

> Either I am not passing the correct flags to GCC (in addition to the
> -std=c++0x) or my installation of gcc is not correct, or last possibility,
> my GCC build configuration is not correct.

  Well, I think there's  one other possibility: Cygwin (or perhaps the newlib
core) don't define or support all the "types and functions required by the
c++0x library".  I'll take a look and see if I can find out why it would fail.

    cheers,
      DaveK