Re: antiword 0.37-1 broken

Simon Blandford wrote:
> I found that the packaged antiword 0.37-1 just returns an empty line,
> even if I type "antiword -h".
>
> Regressing to version 0.34-2 solves the problem and it then works as
> expected.

  It looks like somehow between versions 0.34-2 and 0.37-1, antiword managed
to grow a dependency on X:

~ $ cygcheck -c antiword
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
antiword             0.34-2         OK
~ $ cygcheck /bin/antiword.exe
C:\cygwin\bin/antiword.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL

~ $ cygcheck -c antiword
Cygwin Package Information
Package              Version        Status
antiword             0.37-1         OK
~ $ cygcheck /bin/antiword.exe
C:\cygwin\bin/antiword.exe
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
      C:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygX11-6.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygxcb-xlib-0.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygxcb-1.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygXau-6.dll
        C:\cygwin\bin\cygXdmcp-6.dll

  I'd guess this was unintentional; anyway, it isn't reflected in the
package's setup.hint file.  I think if you install the libX11_6 package you
should get all the necessary DLLs pulled in as dependencies.

    cheers,
      DaveK