Re: UTF-8 problem/bug with Cygwin 1.7

On Apr 16 20:37, Gunnar Degnbol wrote:

> David Korn skrev:
>>> I have a strange problem with UTF-8 characters when running bash from
>>> the Windows command line. I hoped it would go away with the new
>>> Cygwin 1.7.0-46, but it is still there. Now I have simplified it down
>>> to setting LANG=en_US.UTF-8 and running bash -c "echo £" (where '£'
>>> can be any non-ascii character):
>> Can't reproduce this with either -45 or -46:
> I just tried with a new Cygwin installation in a VM, and I still get the
> problem.

When starting from a non-Cygwin process, the argv array is evaluated
from the Windows command line.  Part of it is globifying arguments
and creating file lists when necessary (since the Windows parent will
not do it for the Cygwin process.  This globifying code was not
multibyte aware.  That should be fixed now in CVS.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat