Re: Emacs key bindings not working

On 4/13/2009 6:55 PM, Brandon Olivares wrote:
Ken Brown wrote:
This is a terminal issue.  The key bindings work fine if you run emacs
under X (which is the way I almost always use it) or under mintty.
They
probably work under rxvt also, but I haven't tried that.  You may have
to remove tty from your CYGWIN variable if you use these other
terminals.  (I'm not positive about that.)

Thanks. How do you do this though? I've never tried changing terminals.

The simplest thing is probably to install the mintty package. This will create a start menu shortcut Cygwin --> Mintty. Start mintty from this shortcut, run emacs, and you should be all set.

Ken