Re: Reverting from 1.7.0-45 [was Re: [1.7]: For the love of god, don't update!]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  6 09:03, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Dave Korn wrote:
>>>   LOLWUT?  It turns out something has gone horribly wrong in the alternatives
>>> department now:
>>> [...]
>> Actually, from Corinna's reply, it appears that, in addition to
>> reverting *alternatives* because of the dependence that the new -10
>> package has on the the cygwin-1.7.0-45 ctype export, you may also need
>> to revert any package that USES alternatives (or, at least, run
>> /usr/sbin/alternatives to recreate the symlinks using the "old" method)
>
> Actually, what I was trying to imply is that reverting to a pre-45 test
> release is not a good idea at all.  Try to find the reason for your
> problem while -45 is running.  Let's go forward, not backward, please.

  Well, as you see I did in the end, but when I'm trying to get a big and
complex job finished I don't always want to stop and go explore a side-track
for a couple of days.  That doesn't mean I wouldn't come back to it later, but
I gotta prioritise.

    cheers,
      DaveK