Re: Strange problem with running dmake via ssh

On Apr  2 11:48, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> One thing I forgot to mention is that we run the Cygwin sshd service as a
> specific user so that we can access network shares without having to
> specify a password, and I am logged in as that user.  I can run other
> Windows commands without a problem.  It's just dmake that is throwing a
> fit.

Turns out I didn't read your OP closely.  This has nothing to do
with user context switching.  Your explanation about using sshd
just hit the wrong switch in my cheese^Wbrain.

>   dmake:  Error -- \bin\bash: No such file or directory

Dmake alone is the culprit, given that.

The problem here is that dmake as native process has simply no idea
about Cygwin's mount table.  Apparently it checks for a file \bin\bash,
but where is that supposed to be when using native Win32 calls?  dmake
would have to know to add Cygwin's Win32 equivalent of the root dir from
Cygwin's mount table so that the file becomes, say, C:\bin\bash.  And
even then it wouldn't find the file, except it knows that it has to add
a ".exe" suffix...

Corinna

Red Hat