Re: Strange problem with running dmake via ssh

I have a strange problem when trying to compile a project under Cygwin with dmake. If I start a remote desktop connection to our Windows 2003 server, and start a Cygwin window (i.e., run Cygwin.bat), I am able to build our project just fine. This also works in a native CMD window. However, if I ssh into the same server (using the same user account), when I try to run dmake I get the following error:

$ dmake flashimage
dmake .\trioimage.elf LINK_FILE=trioflashimage.ld BOOTING=BOOT_FROM_FLASH
dmake: Error -- \bin\bash: No such file or directory
dmake.exe: Error code 255, while making 'flashimage'

The dmake executable was provided by a 3rd party. What's so different about running a bash shell under ssh than running a bash shell in a CMD window that would cause dmake to behave this way? We'd like to run remote builds automatically, so getting this to work with ssh is kind of important.

I tried running strace to figure out what's going on, but that doesn't work since dmake.exe is a Windows executable. I also tried running dmake like this:

$ cmd /C "dmake flashimage"
dmake .\trioimage.elf LINK_FILE=trioflashimage.ld BOOTING=BOOT_FROM_FLASH
dmake: Error -- \bin\bash: No such file or directory
dmake: Error code 255, while making 'flashimage'

As you can see, it fails in the exact same way. Are there some Windows executables that just can't be run in a Cygwin ssh bash shell? I could understand if a command didn't run at all under Cygwin/bash, but I just don't understand why it runs in a local Cygwin shell window but not in an ssh Cygwin shell window.

Alfred