Re: GNU screen doesn't initialize

> Since several days I try to debug GNU screen within Windows XP's cygwin
> environment - without any success. I see the start screen, which reminds
> me of the license stoff, skip that, and the Terminal-screen stays black.

You mean completely black?  No command prompt?  Without any customization (i.e.
~/.screenrc), after you start you should get a single command shell with the
usual prompt.

Are you able to start other screen windows, by typing Ctrl-A c ?

I use screen daily, and others do too.  It works as far as we know.  If you
really are getting just an empty terminal after you start screen, then please
follow the bug reporting guidelines at http://cygwin.com/problems.html, as
Thorsten suggested.

Andrew.