Xterm font resizing broken and input problems in xorg-server 1.5.3-7

I just upgraded my Cygwin distro, and I'm having the following issues
with x-term:

1) cannot input text into any additional xterm window launched by my
start menu shortcuts.  The only xterm window that works is the default
one that comes up when I start x-server.

2) cannot change the font size in ANY xterm window.  Neither by
ctrl+rightclick nor the (newly added) menu bar.  Selecting any font
size from the menu doesn't have any effect.  (Prior to the upgrade I
had the default font set to Huge but now it comes up with the
original, small, default font).

I'm running on Win XP, with xorg-server 1.5.3-7 and xterm 242-1.
Never had any of these problems before this upgrade (my original
install was from March '08).  I'm attaching cygcheck.out for more
details on my system (note: some path variables deleted for privacy
reasons)

The only relevant hit I found on Google is this, which it seems,
describes the same problem (however his solution of appending  -fn
'*12*' to the command line didn't work for me):

http://www.nomadjourney.com/2008/12/xterm-font-sizing-problems-in-cygwin/

Alex