Re: cygwin scripts - run from windows "run command"

wakeboarder3780 wrote:
I have script lets say:
C:\foo.bsh

I want to be able to run this command via the windows run command by hitting
either:
Start -> Run
or
Windows Key + R

and type something small like 'foo' and hitting return.

In addition, I do not want a cmd prompt to be visible. This script does some
pre-processing for an IDE. I do not want the cmd prompt to be open for the
lifetime of the IDE process.

I have tried: 1) Creating a bat file with the following contents:
c:\cygwin\bin\bash --login "C:\foo.bsh" (this fails because it keeps a cmd
open)

2) Converting the above bat file to an exe using bat_2_exe_converter (does
not make the cmd silent)

Is there a more integrated cygwin way to do this?  This is exactly what this
fellow was trying to ask but did not receive an answer:
http://www.nabble.com/Help-on-Windows-executable-cygwin-file-script-to18262043.html#a18263644

Try 'run'. If you don't have it, install it. If you don't know how to use it, 'man run'.

Holliston, MA 01746