Re: What is your default ANSI codepage?

So I was thinking, what if cygwin supported codepage 437 in this manner?
Since that is the "OEM" codepage, then we'd have a workaround of sorts
if we discovered a need later for the "old" codepage:oem setting.

So, I compiled your test app using 'gcc -mno-cygwin', and did the
following from a DOS box (WinXP):

H:\>codep
ANSI codepage: 1252

Latin-1, ok...

H:\>chcp 437
Active code page: 437

but then...

H:\>codep
ANSI codepage: 1252

huh? Does GetACP really get the "active" code page?

--
Chuck