What is your default ANSI codepage?

Hi,

here's a question which is quite important for me to know.

What is your default ANSI codepage?  Windows supports a lot of these
codepages, but some of them are only used in rare cases and not as
default ANSI codepage.

Right now, what Cygwin can support as codepages are:

      737: IBM737, OEM Greek
      775: IBM775, OEM Baltic
      932: Shift JIS
     1125: IBM1125, OEM Ukraine
     1250: ANSI Central Europe
     1251: ANSI Cyrillic
     1252: ANSI Latin 1
     1253: ANSI Greek
     1254: ANSI Turkish
     1255: ANSI Hebrew   (no right-to-left)
     1256: ANSI Arabic   (no right-to-left)
     1257: ANSI Baltic
     1258: ANSI Vietnamese
    28591: ISO-8859-1 Latin 1
    28592: ISO-8859-2 Central Europe
    28593: ISO-8859-3 Latin 3
    28594: ISO-8859-4 Baltic
    28595: ISO-8859-5 Cyrillic
    28596: ISO-8859-6 Arabic   (no right-to-left)
    28597: ISO-8859-7 Greek
    28598: ISO-8859-8 Hebrew   (no right-to-left)
    28599: ISO-8859-9 Turkish
    28603: ISO-8859-13 Estonian
    28605: ISO-8859-15 Latin 9
    50220: ISO-2022-jp, JIS
    50221: ISO-2022-jp, JIS
    50222: ISO-2022-jp, JIS
    51932: EUC Japanese
    65001: UTF-8

Is anybody here using a Windows system with another ANSI codepage as
default?  Please note that I'm *not* asking for the OEM codepages used
in console Windows, rather I'm asking for your ANSI codepage.

If you don't know how to find out, just store the the following code
as foo.c

=== SNIP ===
#include <windows.h>
int main()
{
  printf ("ANSI codepage: %u\n", GetACP ());
  return 0;
}
=== SNAP ===

And build it with gcc, like this:

$ gcc -o foo foo.c
$ ./foo
ANSI codepage: 1252

If your codepage is NOT in the above list, please speak up.  I can't
promise that we can support other doublebyte charsets any time soon,
but singlebyte charsets will be no big problem.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat