Re: Monoburg freezes at a GLib call

ROCKER wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem about building mono project on cygwin. Mono needs GLib 2.0 to build so I downloaded the GLib source from www.gtk.org and I built and installed it. Then I started building mono but it froze at testing monoburg after compiled it:
---------------------------------------
Making all in monoburg

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/tszemeredi/Install/mono-src/mono-2.2/mono/monoburg'

gcc -mno-cygwin -g -o monoburg ./monoburg.c parser.c -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I. -I../.. -g -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -lgthread-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv

./monoburg ./sample.brg > sample.c

(the make process freezes at tis line and the CPU load is 100%)

I tried to run monoburg explicitely without any command line parameters but it froze too. I put some debug line to sources of GLib and mono and I detected to monoburg froze when it called g_hash_table_new in the main function in monoburg.c. As I saw it froze before entering to the g_hash_table_new. I put a simple fprintf call at the beginning of this GLib function for debug but I never saw my debug information in the cygwin console.

Can you help me about this problem?

Since you're not building with Cygwin libs (i.e. you're using the -mno-cygwin flag), you're really not using Cygwin so the question is off-topic here. You'll need to inquire the MinGW folks about this issue. However, if I were going to wager, I'd say they would suggest dusting off the good ol' debugger and looking at the code that's hanging. Good luck.

Holliston, MA 01746