Re: How can I assign a hotkey to run a cygwin/bash script?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis
<an-cygwin@spiro.trikaliotis.net> wrote:
> Hello Brian,
>
> * On Fri, Mar 06, 2009 at 01:29:02PM -0500 Brian Mathis wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis
>> <XXXXXX@spiro.trikaliotis.net> wrote:
>
>> > Well, we can think about many things: However, this is not the way it
>> > works on Windows, obviously.
>>
>> Windows keeps a systemwide table of hotkeys, and when one is pressed
>> Windows runs whatever is in the table as the target.
>
> Ok. If you know for sure, I stand corrected. However, from the
> behaviour, this is not the way it seemed to work to me.
>
> Can you explain then why a shortcut I define in the quick start does not
> get applied? Yes, I defined it directly there, I did not move a file
> there.
>
> Best regards,
> Spiro.

I just tested this on Vista, and you are right, it does not seem to
work if you have set the hotkey there.  It may be a conflict with the
already-set hotkeys for the items in the Quicklaunch toolbar.  If
you're not familiar, on Vista you can use Win+1, Win+2, etc... to
start the 1st, 2nd, etc... icon in the quicklaunch bar.  This feature
is not there for XP though.

I suspect that it would work just fine with winhotkey if you were to
point the target to the shortcut in the quicklaunch bar, but I haven't
tried it.  At that point, it's just another path.