Re: How can I assign a hotkey to run a cygwin/bash script?

Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a cygwin/bash script and want to run it by a customized
> hotkey laterly,  it this possible?

  Sure.  Create a windows shortcut to bash.exe, open the properties.  In
"Target", after C:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe, add

    --login -i -c "<your command here in bash syntax>"

and you can then assign a key-combination to the shortcut (as for any other
windows shortcut) by clicking in "Shortcut key" and typing your
ctrl-shift-alt-whatever combination.

  The "your command here part" can be any valid shell commands, or you can
just pass in the path to a script you want run.  (Remember to either chmod +x
the script first, or to use the 'source' bash builtin to execute it).

  You'll probably want to change the "Start in" dir to your homedir or /tmp or
somewhere similar, depending on your needs.

    cheers,
      DaveK