Re: rsync hanging on Access MDB file

Hello Greg,

* On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 12:26:17PM -0500 Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Spiro Trikaliotis
[shadow copies on Windows]
> I don't use Access, but in general good applications should support
> being quiesced.  They do that by registering with the VSS service.
> Then when a shadow copy is requested, vss first notifies all
> registered apps to quiesce themselves.

Yes, I forgot about that. This might work, at least with newer versions
of Access.

There might be a caveat, though: You can remotely use MS Access to
access an MDB file on a file server. You can even do it multiple times,
having x instances of MS Access access just one file on a remote server.
Can a remote application register with the VSS service on a completely
different machine?

Regards,
Spiro.

--