RE: console scroll speed on Win XP

> From: jay.krell@cornell.edu
> To: cygwin@cygwin.com; marchywka@hotmail.com; andy.koppe@gmail.com
> Subject: RE: console scroll speed on Win XP
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 11:34:08 +0000
>

>> Andy
>> Yep, the Windows console is slow alright, and I don't know of any way
>

> Huh?
> The windows console is fast, among the fastest
> I have ever used, BUT you must have the video
> driver for your specific card.

I'm on a laptop and don't have a card, a Compaq Evo N610c
with XP pro. I tried to update drivers from HP with no obvious
effect. In any case mintty was a lot faster with no obvious drawbacks
yet. I can appreciate there may be some issues but using the
whole CPU while it scrolled by a rate just fast enough for
reading seemed a bit odd. mintty is unreadably fast
and probably some of cpu time goes to disk IO in my benchmark
taskamanager test with cat :) IIRC, "dir" on a 4 Megahertz Z-80 computer was at least as fast.