Copy, rename, or what "gcc-4" to "gcc"

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, but I couldn't find it in
the FAQ or archives.

Especially with the announced "end-of-life" for gcc V3, I was trying to make
certain that I was using gcc V4.

When I did a complete re-install of Cygwin and selected ONLY the gcc4
packages (core, C compiler, g++) after the install was done, I had a "gcc-4"
executable in my /bin directory, but no "gcc" executable.  When I install
V3, I get both gcc-3 and gcc.

If I just want gcc4, am I supposed to copy gcc-4 to gcc (or rename it) or
something else?

Is it intentional that when running setup, if you ONLY select gcc4, that you
won't end up with any "gcc" executable?  If not, is there some documentation
on making certain that you end up with "valid executables" (with the
expected names, if you only want gcc4?