Re: [1.7] "broken" pipe implementation?

> >>I'm compiling screen for 1.7.  The configure script has a test for a "usable"
> >>pipe implementation, which passes, and another one for a "working" pipe
> >>implementation, which fails.  The test for a working pipe implementation is zero
> >>exit code from the following program (simplified for clarity):
> >
> >I'll look into this sometime today.
>
> ...or maybe a little later.
>
> This should be fixed in the latest snapshot.

Confirmed, thanks.  With the 2009-02-26 snapshot, the working pipe test
succeeds, and screen now runs just fine AFAICT with fifos, for the first time
ever.  Not sure yet whether that will fix any of the occasional odd bugs, but
we'll find out and it's good to have it available to try.

>  It qualifies as a "What in
> the world was I thinking?" problem.

No idea what that is.
A.