Re: how to install libtoolize

wynfield@gmail.com wrote:
Re:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
On 02/05/2009, Wynfield Henman wrote:
Though I am building a different package, I have the same problem as
mentioned below.  The libtool package downloaded is 46 bytes
(effectively null) and get stashed into the _obsolete folder without
ever getting installed.
<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=usr%2Fbin%2Flibtoolize>

Don't install obselete packages unless you really know what you're doing.

Given the above, why doesn't just installing the 'libtool' package get
you what you need?

That is just the problem it doesn't get what is needed, but only shows the obsolete (from what you say) versions as the newest.

I even tried experimental to try to find newer libtool version, but none show up.
Version1.5b or whatever was presented as the newest version by setup.

There was no intentional _obsolete gets on my part.
I solved the problem by hand getting the new vesion and untarring it in the appropriate location, but that shouldn't have to be done.

I believe it is a setup related problem, either hints or ini file data.

It may have been related to a problem with 'upset' late last week. I just tried it now using ftp://mirrors.xmission.com/cygwin and http://sources-redhat.mirror.redwire.net/cygwin and had no trouble getting version 2.2.6.a-1. After the install, I have '/usr/bin/libtoolize'. If you continue to see problems with 'setup.exe', report back with the process you went through and the problems you're seeing.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746