Re: How to get HTML page having embedded javascript

Sorry. Take 2.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 15:10, Julio Emanuel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 14:55, TAJTHY TamÃs wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I have a problem. I'd like to get HTML pages, but not their plain
>> sources. If it has an embedded javascript and it generates HTML code I
>> need the resutling HTML code.

NOW I read that :)

>> Now I just run a perl script which
>> launches a firefox and I copy the resulting page to the clipboard. But
>> this is not too nice solution as I can not detect when firefox
>> finished downloading and processing the page.
>>
>> Is there a library which can do this? Can anyone give some help, how
>> can solve this?
>>

> wget should do the trick, if I understood correctly what you are trying to do.

Nah. Forget it. Don't think it will help you.

> If you want to get fancy :), do your browsing in the console window with w3m.
> It can also get your sources non-interactively (see -dump_source option).

Maybe this helps. If it displays correctly, then all you have to do is
-dump_source after display.

Another reference I can quote is curl, by I don't have any experience with that.
Google a little with these references, maybe you get lucky.

Or, wait a little longer, and maybe a TRUE guru shows up :)

Sorry for the noise.