Solved: Post-install hang

I found a really old setup.exe lying around on our department file/software
repository, v2.125.2.10 from 2002. Running this one apparently downloaded and
installed something and now bash and even X11 works.

Attached are setup.log, setup.log.full and the output from cygcheck -srv for
this last session apparently successful install. If somebody can shed some
light on what worked this time, please share your insights.

Dunno' if I dare upgrade though...
--
/Sorin