Re: "Incompatible" typedefs

Charles Wilson wrote:
I ran across an oddity in the cygwin headers today.

<stdint.h> has
typedef long int32_t
typedef unsigned long uint32_t

Now, on cygwin, there's no real harm. But from the C standard, long and
int are distinct types, so the following:

This is the 32-bit equivalent of the exact same problem that cause the template resolution failure that Marco and Tatsuro ran up against last week. I think we should probably add the missing 'int' to both 32- and 64-bit types. Linux looks like it does it that way.

    cheers,
      DaveK