Re: CSIH csih_get_cygenv function (was Re: permission problems with ssh-host-config)

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> What was the exact reason to restrict the input for the CYGWIN settings
> in csih?  I don't quite understand why a lot of options are disallowed
> at all, for instance "winsymlinks", "ntea", etc.

Inherited from pre-existing code (either old ssh-*-config or exim-config).

> IMHO this doesn't make much sense, especially given that Cygwin 1.7
> has a quite different set of CYGWIN settings.

I don't mind removing that.

> What I'm planning to do is this:
>
> - In cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh I would like to drop the
>   check for the content of CYGWIN entirely.

OK.

> - In ssh-host-config I'd like to set the default for the CYGWIN settings
>   to an empty string.

OK.

> What do you think?

We still have the on-going confusion concerning "Do you want to use
another name?" with -y. I'm hung up on libtool issues right now, but
that's on the list to be addressed.  However, I won't hold up a release
of csih-0.19 waiting for that.

BTW, do you think we should fork csih for cygwin-1.7?

--
Chuck