syntax highlighting on Joe

Hi friends,

I've been using cygwin for many years, but had never subscribed to this list. Now, I have a strange behaviour, and hope you can help me.

I'm a fan of the Joe editor. I use it on xterm. Up to now, it had always made syntax-higglighting out of the box. However, when I installed it yesterday (from the latest version, using the mirror cygwin.cict.fr) on a new computer, it did not.
It seems that the syntax file are not the problem, because (a) the jsf files are there (see the log below); and (b) the autoindent for example is working.
Any idea?

Since I am using it on xterm, it may be a problem related to cygwin/x. Feel free to forward me to another list if you think that's a better place for the question.

Thank you in advance,

jsedano@flint:~/prj> ls /usr/share/joe/syntax/
4gl.jsf    csh.jsf      joerc.jsf  pascal.jsf  sed.jsf    troff.jsf
ada.jsf    css.jsf      lisp.jsf   perl.jsf    sh.jsf     verilog.jsf
asm.jsf    diff.jsf     lua.jsf    php.jsf     skill.jsf  vhdl.jsf
awk.jsf    fortran.jsf  m4.jsf     ps.jsf      sml.jsf    xml.jsf
c.jsf      haskell.jsf  mail.jsf   python.jsf  sql.jsf
cobol.jsf  html.jsf     mason.jsf  rexx.jsf    tcl.jsf
conf.jsf   java.jsf     ocaml.jsf  ruby.jsf    tex.jsf
jsedano@flint:~/prj>

Javier Sedano
javier.sedano@gmail.com